<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Long Time No See 

Wow, it's been a long time since my last posting. I could regale you with tales of high adventure and bodice-ripping romance, but the fact is that it's been a bit of a slog these last few weeks and months.

Work is mostly to blame, but it's far too boring to go into. Let's just say that I'm hanging on until my share options mature in September, then I'll probably have a long, hard think about where I want to be in the future.

The big news since I last posted is that I've finally started coding up my Spectrum emulator. It's something that I've wanted to do for the longest time, and I finally got around to it. It's not finished yet, but the CPU, display and keyboard handling are in there. There are plenty of bugs to iron out, but it's been great to do some really low-level stuff and actually very rewarding to have my own project, where the subject matter is something I'm interested in. I'll probably end up making some posts about the progress I'm making and describe some of the tricky bits, but we'll see how it goes.

At the moment I'm also thoroughly enjoying Guild Wars, the subscription-free MMORPG. It's not a traditional online RPG in any sense of the word, but it's all the better for it, in my opinion. Where it scores highly is making you feel as if you're making a difference in the world. It's my first online RPG and I've enjoyed almost every minute of play. How they could have created such a polished, balanced and stable (not to mention damn gorgeous) game on release is startling.

I'll leave it there, but I hope to write again soon and make this a bit more of a regular occurrence.

Permalink

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?